Learn and validate techniques for awareness, movement, and firearms application to ensure success in approaching and negotiating your environment. Spatially Aware Shooter is designed for those wishing to compete in shooting sports, and/or enroll in more advanced training curricula such as vehicle, shoot-house, and force on force classes. It is required that you have prior shooting experience. This is not a beginner course.
Create a robust skill set while focusing on spatial awareness. This course will expand your ability to learn, giving you translatable skills, concepts and knowledge to become a more well rounded shooter and student. This is NOT a tactics course. However it is a thorough technique focused class that will prepare you for a variety of practical shooting applications.
- Processing information
- Spatial awareness
- Negotiating barricades
- Safe and quick movement
- Shooting and moving at the same time
- Positional shooting
- Targets of opportunity
Exercise and increase the ability to understand one’s relationship to, and negotiation of, environments while applying a firearm. Gain confidence and proficiency applying the firearm safely and effectively given the demands of any space and situation.
Explore techniques for moving and placing the body and firearm in the most advantageous manners to perform optimally given the relationship to the environment. Participate in exercises and courses of fire to challenge and practice techniques that aid in decision making while performing well.
Student Requirements: Fully capable of applying firearms safety concepts. Proof of previous experience in a professional training environment. Must have solid ability to perform on demand with the following points of performance
- Drawing from the holster and safely holstering
- Mechanics (reloads, malfunction clearances)
- Movement with a firearm around others
Prerequisites: ( you must take these courses or an equivalent before any specialty class) Contact us for questions regarding your eligibility to take a course! Prerequisites are in place to ensure safety and a learning environment conducive to growth. You do not have to be an all star shooter, however you should feel confident around a gun and familiar with the class environment. The below classes build the solid base of shooting skills required.
- Practical handgun desired for personal use (bring a backup gun if you have one)
- Minimum 750 Rounds of ammo (1000 recommended)
- Rigid holster that safely retains handgun while moving and maintains shape when empty
- Stiff belt capable of supporting handgun weight
- Spare mags (one in gun, two on body reloads)
- Notebook and pen/marker
- Eye and Ear Protection designed for shooting
- Food and water for a full day outside
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Ball cap or hat, sturdy footwear
- Smartphone for video recording and digital note taking
- Personal first aid/trauma kit
Firearms safety applied to changing environments (movement, obstacles, mediums)
Proprioception / kinesthetic awareness
Spatial awareness and situational awareness
Shooting from various positions
Engaging targets in a logical manner
Additional topics may include:
- Performance shooting
- Gear selection
- Further opportunities for training
- Low light considerations
We both have red hair however we come from very different backgrounds. Take advantage of our eclectic view on shooting that makes you aware of the totality becoming a complete and proficient shooter. We will offer you a variety of viewpoints on whatever shooting application you may find yourself in.
Be Prepared for:
- Training outside in any weather
- Day length of 7-10 hours
- Moderate physical exertion (standing and kneeling, short quick bursts of movement, light running)
- Self and group evaluation while working around others with a commitment to learning