Develop your abilities in an accelerated format that prepares you for a wide variety of shooting applications. Build upon skills learned in prior training to become highly capable in performance style shooting.
Become a more complete and proficient shooter.
Diverse shooting techniques will create more knowledgeable and aware shooters that are able to improve their skills consistently as they continue their shooting journey.
Students will be actively involved in the learning process, testing the techniques they learn through various exercises and assessments. Students will be given methods of self-diagnosis to increase capabilities. Receive one-on-one coaching and performance tracking data to help prioritize areas of improvement for every skill level.
Student Requirements: Must be able to understand and apply firearms safety concepts. Concealed Handgun License or proof of previous experience.
Prerequisites: (you must take these courses before Rifle two)
- Practical rifle desired for personal use
- Minimum 500 Rounds of ammo (650 recommended)
- Simple adjustable two-point sling
- Stiff belt capable of supporting equipment weight
- Spare mags (3 Magazines recommended)
- Notebook and pen
- Eye and Ear Protection designed for shooting
- Food and water for a full day outside
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Ball cap or hat, sturdy footwear
- Firearms safety and range etiquette
- Basic rifle operation
- Interfacing with rifles
- Sling use and presentation
- Accuracy on demand
- Recoil management
- Movement concepts
- Multiple target engagements
Additional topics may include:
- Reloading techniques
- Fixing stoppages
- Rifle ballistics
- Configuring rifles
- Shooting around obstacles
- Shooting from various positions
Course topics are flexible and pace is variable to best accommodate a spectrum of skill levels.
Be Prepared for:
- Training outside in any weather
- Day length of 7-10 hours
- Moderate physical exertion (standing and kneeling, short quick bursts of movement, light running)
- Self and group evaluation while working around others with a commitment to learning