Learn fundamental rifle shooting skills that prepare you for performance focused shooting. Course topics are flexible and pace is variable to best accommodate a spectrum of skill levels.
Learn how to safely and effectively handle a rifle.
Waypoint Shooting School wants you to get a good start on your journey to being a responsible and safe firearms owner. This class will educate you on how to interact with modern rifles as well as how to use them safely. Take part in a fun and informative look at firearms use and ownership that prepares you for performance style shooting.
Designed for those new performance style shooting. No formal training required. Just bring a willingness to learn and an open mind. Receive one-on-one instruction and help to increase your safety, confidence, and proficiency.
Requirements: Must be legally allowed to interact with firearms. Understanding of basic rifle operation (loading and unloading)
- Practical rifle desired for personal use
- Minimum 200 Rounds of ammo (350)
- Iron sights or 1x Power Optic
- Simple two point sling
- Spare mags (3 Magazines recommended)
- Notebook and pen
- Eye and Ear Protection designed for shooting
- Food and water for a full day outside
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Ball cap or hat, sturdy footwear
- Firearms safety and range etiquette
- Modern rifle nomenclature
- How to interact with and handle rifle
- Basic rifle operation
- Basic Grip and stance
- "Zeroing" rifle
Additional topics may include:
- Safely moving in the performance environment
- Firearms cleaning and maintenance
- Recommended firearms and equipment
- Getting into shooting sports
Course topics are flexible and pace is variable to best accommodate a spectrum of skill levels.
Be Prepared for:
- Training outside in any weather
- Day length of 3-5 hours
- Minimal physical exertion (standing , small amounts of movement,)
- Self and group evaluation while working around others with a commitment to learning