Develop your abilities in an accelerated format that prepares you for a wide variety of shooting applications. Build upon skills learned in prior training to become highly capable in performance style shooting.
Become a more complete and proficient shooter.
Diverse shooting techniques will create more knowledgeable and aware shooters that are able to improve their skills consistently as they continue their shooting journey.
Students will be actively involved in the learning process, testing the techniques they learn through various exercises and assessments. Students will be given methods of self-diagnosis to increase capabilities. Receive one-on-one coaching and performance tracking data to help prioritize areas of improvement for every skill level.
Student Requirements: Must be able to understand and apply firearms safety concepts. Concealed Handgun License or proof of previous experience.
Prerequisites: ( you must take these courses before HG2)
- Practical handgun desired for personal use
- Minimum 750 Rounds of ammo (1000 recommended)
- Rigid holster that safely retains handgun while moving and maintains shape when empty
- Stiff belt capable of supporting handgun weight
- Spare mags (3 Magazines recommended)
- Notebook and pen
- Eye and Ear Protection designed for shooting
- Food and water for a full day outside
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Ball cap or hat, sturdy footwear
- Firearms safety and range etiquette
- Basic handgun operation
- Interfacing with handguns
- Drawing from the holster
- Accuracy on demand
- Recoil Management
- Movement concepts
- Multiple target engagements
Additional topics may include:
- One-handed shooting
- Reloading techniques
- Fixing Stoppages
- Drawing from concealment
- Shooting around obstacles
- One handed manipulations
- Shooting from various positions
Course topics are flexible and pace is variable to best accommodate a spectrum of skill levels.
Be Prepared for:
- Training outside in any weather
- Day length of 7-10 hours
- Moderate physical exertion (standing and kneeling, short quick bursts of movement, light running)
- Self and group evaluation while working around others with a commitment to learning